- Park you vehicles in a safe place. Avoid parking in the street.
- Install a tracker, immobolizer and alarm system in your vehicle and remember to activate these.
- Lock your vehicle and close all windows, whether home or in a public place.
- All valuables such as handbags, cell phones, laptops, parcels and post are a temptation for any criminal. Place them out of sight.
- Be on the lookout for suspicious persons or vehicles in the area.
- Do not leave your house or spare keys and remotes in your vehicle.
- Do not store your residential address under "HOME" on your GPS device. It puts you at risk.
- Install smash and grab film on all vehicle windows, where possible.
Courtesy of Sub Rosa